Daily Lost Investment: Every day that GLBI is not in action Canada is losing $525,983,561.60 in poverty reduction.

How much more can Canada take financially before breaking?

This is a copy of the Blog of the Founder of GLBI.CA
This is entirely OPINION.
Joseph
Site Admin
Site Admin
Feelings on BI: I founded GLBI.CA So YES!

How much more can Canada take financially before breaking?

Post by Joseph »

Thoughts from: April 3, 2022
Published: April 9, 2022

** Note: So I wrote this before the Budget just so everyone is aware.

1.3 million homes lay vacant across Canada, 235,000 Canadians are homeless each year, $165 Billion or more is spent every year on Social Services, inflation is at 5.7%, home prices have an inflation rate of 100%, 1.7 million Canadians owe at least $2000 to CERB (which is 20% of the net cost of Basic Income for a year), gas prices are soaring past 2.00/L in some areas, jurisdiction’s haven’t raised rates in years without recourse most importantly including upcoming budgets, and in the meantime Canadians are watching the cost of borrowing go up, cost of goods go up, and their paychecks aren’t.

Do I have your attention yet? Is this all related? Could it have been prevented? I think so, and I want to spend a few minutes telling you why. I’m not going to sugar coat it, we were left behind, immensely simply by unconscious ignorance. It is human nature to fear that in which is expensive, it’s built into our blood no matter your sexual identity, race, or religion, however did we really leave no one behind?

We’ve been brought up in which to obtain as much as possible or you’ll starve, live on top of a subway grate, or if your unfortunate, could land up behind bars or an institution simply because of what has happened to you on the street. It doesn’t have to be this way, and certainly not at the expense of NOMTD. That’s “Not on my Tax Dollar”. Because simply put, you don’t invest to make more for no reason, and when they want to pay less it cost’s you more directly.

The net cost of a Basic Income when spread across the country in a fair and modest formula, one that rewards Education, Workforce Participation, and Retirement planning, would be negligible, especially when you consider what it would do for the future years impact. We accept as a society that investing in a building to house someone comes with a cost of over $300,000/unit, takes years to develop, and then helps just a fraction of a percentage of the homeless population, because the funding model for the landlord will prohibit anyone low income actually renting it.

So instead, the lower income recipients are forced to live within high cost communities because they are outpriced from the funding properties. Isn’t that just plain well obvious? I mean, I know how to read the news. It’s not hidden. So instead, we need to figure out how to actually bring the biggest change, with the lowest cost and that is where GLBI comes in.

Sure, we haven’t had a full on pilot, politicians have said that it’s too expensive, but is it really? In recent memory there was an article that said the homeless cost $55,000 a year for shelters. That’s 5x the cost of GLBI.

So it helps the homeless, people who are on Provincial Social Assistance get a rate increase, it helps the Disabled obtain for the first time in their lives a real benefit that doesn’t have a claw back against $500 a month of their check. That sure would stop a lot of domestic violence that occurs from spouses who have to financially sustain them. No folks, it doesn’t spark any conspiracies of government ownership, in fact, I’m about to explain how they all will own their own home at some point.

The banks, they didn’t actually get $750 Billion in 4 days, they got the promise that the liquidity was there. So if a mortgage defaulted, where the owner/landlord didn’t pay it, it was still guaranteed by the government. Wait… unfortunately it’s not conflict of interest, the CMHC does that. Not going to get into that, but it wasn’t like we put up all that cash up front. But it was a promise.

So why couldn’t the government just promise us a check instead? They opened the flood gates with CERB, CRB, CEWS, CESB, the Wage Subsidies, loans to businesses, and a lot lot lot of dough, yet people were still starving on the streets, still in homeless shelters, applying for any kind of assistance for utilities, taxes, loans, etc etc etc.
CBC News asked the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services about what it’s doing to raise income supports in relation to inflation.

The ministry’s director of communications Krystle Caputo replied in an email that it has already invested billions in organizations in its Social Services Relief Fund and millions in Feed Ontario and student nutrition programs.

“We remain committed to innovative ways to support Ontarians receiving social assistance, and Minister [Merrilee] Fullerton will be discussing expediting the Canadian Disability Benefit in a follow-up meeting with our federal counterparts shortly.”
Yeah I’ve got a headache too, and a lot of regret. It could have been easier, simpler, equal, and less barbaric in the 21st century. A GLBI isn’t a free check folks, it’s just a Guarantee you’ll live at 75% of the poverty line or above. That’s it. Simple. Simple. BASIC. How much stronger do I need to put it, it’s a balance. As you work more, you receive less, however all the way up to $95,000 per year would receive at least a monthly increase of 5% income or more.

Canadian mortgage credit hit a new record with a double-digit growth rate. Households now owe $1.96 trillion in January, up 0.53% ($10.23 billion) from a month before. The balance has climbed 10.6% ($187.82 billion) from last year, one of the fastest rates ever. For context, mortgage debt as a share of unadjusted GDP would be 103%, dwarfing output.

Return to “Founders Corner”