Daily Lost Investment: Every day that GLBI is not in action Canada is losing $525,983,561.60 in poverty reduction.

February 25, 2021 - Liberal MP Says Some Cabinet Ministers ‘Very Supportive’ Of Basic Income

All Dates are not Chronological, and can either represent the fiscal year or the date published.
Joseph
Site Admin
Site Admin
Feelings on BI: I founded GLBI.CA So YES!

February 25, 2021 - Liberal MP Says Some Cabinet Ministers ‘Very Supportive’ Of Basic Income

Post by Joseph »

Liberal MP Julie Dzerowicz says her push for basic income has traction among her caucus colleagues, including a number of cabinet ministers.

Dzerowicz introduced a private members’ bill this week, Bill C-273, which calls on the federal finance minister to study guaranteed basic income models and develop a national strategy to evaluate how a program could be implemented in Canada.

“I will tell you that I do know that there’s cabinet ministers that are very supportive of basic income,” the Toronto MP told HuffPost Canada during a virtual meeting availability to discuss her bill Thursday.

There’s a “broad swath” of Liberal caucus members who support the idea, Dzerowicz said. “I don’t want to give you the number, but it’s quite a few.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau previously signaled that he isn’t in a hurry to endorse basic income yet. The government is still due to unveil details of promised new national programs, such as a child-care system and pharmacare.

Published: February 25, 2021
Source: https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/ent ... 1109dac382

Return to “2020-21 NEWS”