Daily Lost Investment: Every day that GLBI is not in action Canada is losing $525,983,561.60 in poverty reduction.

Was the last report on Basic Income in Canada Wrong?

This is a copy of the Blog of the Founder of GLBI.CA
This is entirely OPINION.
Joseph
Site Admin
Site Admin
Feelings on BI: I founded GLBI.CA So YES!

Was the last report on Basic Income in Canada Wrong?

Post by Joseph »

Published: December 23, 2021

260 days later it has been discovered that the latest Benefit Analysis performed by the Parliamentary Budget Officer where it was claimed that Poverty could be cut in half within one year may have been using the wrong totals after all.

During the course of my research I am always looking at numbers and in double checking my work recently, (No I am not the PBO I mean my own research) I have noticed something that cannot be explained…

Whereas originally in REPORT #2: July 7, 2020 there was a report called “Costing a Guaranteed Basic Income During the COVID Pandemic” where it said instead of $16,989 and $24,027 it was going to be “$18,329 and $25,992” respectively.
^ XLS spreadsheet on it’s website that shown the adjusted rate of 75% of $24,439 which is $18,329 not $16,989 (that was the 2018 LIM measurement).

We need a new Distributional and Fiscal Analysis of a National Basic Income but that of all THREE scenarios as described below to better understand if helping 11 million more Canadians can make the progress faster and better for the economy.
REPORT #2 July 7, 2020REPORT #2 July 7, 2020

Return to “Founders Corner”