Daily Lost Investment: Every day that GLBI is not in action Canada is losing $525,983,561.60 in poverty reduction.

Majority of Canadian Senate now in Support of Guaranteed Livable Basic Income thanks to Senator Kim Pate’s Ambition

This is a copy of the Blog of the Founder of GLBI.CA
This is entirely OPINION.
Joseph
Site Admin
Site Admin
Feelings on BI: I founded GLBI.CA So YES!

Majority of Canadian Senate now in Support of Guaranteed Livable Basic Income thanks to Senator Kim Pate’s Ambition

Post by Joseph »

Published: January 17, 2022
It’s 2022, Two Years since the Pandemic started to affect Canadians from sea to sea to sea. This has been a rough and troubling time, and for the first time in what seems like years, there is some good progress being made in the drive towards a national Guaranteed Livable Basic Income.

Today, Senator Kim Pate, published an open letter to Justin Trudeau’s government showing further support of 44 Canadian Senators towards the goal of a Guaranteed Livable Basic Income and to push for further development of a pilot in PEI which the Province has asked for. This means, for our list here at For The Future of Canadian MP’s and Senators it is now up to 50 Supporting, 1 Not Supporting, and 41 Unknown (or a new swing of 4 more in favor) meaning it’s now a Majority in the Senate. You can find our list easily at http://www.forthefuture.ca/who

I have for the last year and a half, been solely advocating independently of a National Basic Income that isn’t Universal, but it is tax-free and wide across the nation. I use statistical information that has already been published, not some random blind study and plug it into my excel and analyze, just how this could affect everyone. So what you read here, this is an opinion and that is “It’s about time we get serious.” The majority of the Canadian Senate is in support of this, the federal government is run by two leading parties that support it already, so why isn’t this getting done sooner rather than later, when we release the newest projections of the poverty line with the Census data due next month.

YES, I’m long winded, and hopefully ringing in a little info here, because logic would dictate if we have the capability to give $400 BILLION yeah that’s with a B folks, to the banks to stabilize a housing market, that would no doubt be stabilized if 19 million Canadians could afford their rent, but Basic Income as costed out, would be about $192 Billion for 19.8 Million Canadians. Yeah a lot of numbers, so let’s break it down a little easier for you.
If you would like to see an update to the rates please visit https://www.forthefuture.ca/2022rates

Return to “Founders Corner”